Baby Squash with Curry Rice Stuffing
- 24 baby yellow squash
- 1 tbs canola oil
- 2 tsp thai curry paste
- 1 spring onion, minced, white and green parts
- 1 small hot red pepper, minced
- 1 cup cooked jasmine rice
- 1 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves shredded or 2 tsp lime zest
- 24 fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- Blanch or steam the squash for 5 minutes, or just until tender.
- Cut a thin slice off the base of each squash to allow it to stand upright, then slice off the top to make a lid and set aside.
- Using a melon baller scoop out the flesh from the squash, leaving a thin shell. Discard the flesh.
- Heat the oil in a wok or a large frying pan, then add the curry paste, spring onions, and red pepper and stir fry for several minutes.
- Add the rice and stir fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cilantro and kaffir lime leaves or lime zest and toss to combine.
- Remove from the heat and spoon 1 tsp of rice into each of the yellow squash.
- Garnish each with a coriander leaf and gently arrange the lids on top.
- Arrange on a platter and serve.