Brisket in Wine Sauce
|2 and 1/2 lb thick cut brisket, trimmed|
|1 tbs paprika|
|1 tsp dried basil|
|kosher salt and back pepper to taste|
|3 medium onions, sliced|
|3 cloves garlic, halved|
|1 and 1/2 cups ketchup|
|1 and 1/2 cups dry red wine|
|1 and 1/2 cups water|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Rinse brisket and place in a roasting pan.
- Rub paprika, basil, salt and pepper into the meat.
- In a medium bowl, mix the ketchup, wine and water and combine well.
- Pour over the brisket, then cover tightly with aluminum foil, tenting so that the foil does not touch the meat.
- Roast for 3 hours, or until the meat reaches a temperature of 190 degrees.