Brisket in Wine Sauce
- 2 and 1/2 lb thick cut brisket, trimmed
- 1 tbs paprika
- 1 tsp dried basil
- kosher salt and back pepper to taste
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 and 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 and 1/2 cups dry red wine
- 1 and 1/2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Rinse brisket and place in a roasting pan.
- Rub paprika, basil, salt and pepper into the meat.
- In a medium bowl, mix the ketchup, wine and water and combine well.
- Pour over the brisket, then cover tightly with aluminum foil, tenting so that the foil does not touch the meat.
- Roast for 3 hours, or until the meat reaches a temperature of 190 degrees.