- 1 lb brussels sprouts, rinsed, cut in half and outer layer removed
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tbs garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or chicken stock
- 2 tbs Dijon mustard
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large frying pan heat oil over medium low heat.
- Add garlic and onion, then saute for about 1 minute.
- Add brussels sprouts, cut side down, cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup vegetable broth or chicken stock, stirring to pick up bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes, until slightly charred and tender.
- Remove brussels sprouts from pan and add remaining 1/4 cup of broth or stock along with the mustard.
- Reduce heat and cook until slightly thickened, then drizzle sauce over sprouts and season with salt and pepper.