Butternut Squash Stuffing
|1 stick unsalted butter|
|2 cups celery, chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 cup onion, chopped|
|2 cups butternut squash, cubed|
|2 tsp thyme leaves|
|1 and 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning|
|Kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|10 cups dried bread cubes (1 inch) (baguettes work well)|
|4 cups chicken broth|
|1/2 cup pine nuts, chopped|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add celery, onion and garlic and cook stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add the cubed squash and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in thyme, poultry seasoning and salt and pepper,
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl, then add the celery mixture, broth and pine nuts. Toss gently until mixed well.
- Spoon into a lightly greased glass baking dish and bake for 35 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned.