Chicken Rice and Mushroom Soup
- 2 cup cooked chicken, cut into chunks
- 2 tbs butter
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- scallions, thinly sliced on a bias for garnish
- In a large saucepan add the butter, and when hot add the mushrooms and saute for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the chicken and saute for another 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken stock and rice and bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for about 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with a little lemon juice and garnish with sliced scallions.