Crispy Chicken Cutlets
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flour
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 tsp oregano
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Lemon wedges for serving
These cutlets may be served as is or with a sauce of your choice. Adding mozzarella cheese and a tomato sauce to the recipe will give you chicken Parmesan if you would like.
- Place each chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet or heavy pan until about 1/4 inch thick.
- Mix salt, pepper, flour, and oregano together and combine thoroughly.
- In another bowl combine the bread crumbs and the Parmesan and mix well.
- Coat the chicken breasts lightly in the flour mixture, knocking off excess, then dip in the eggs and finally into the bread crumb mixture.
- In a large frying pan using medium heat add the butter and olive oil.
- When the butter has melted add the chicken in batches and fry until golden and crispy on both sides. About 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken breasts from pan and set aside.
- Increase the heat under the pan to high, the add the white wine and using a wooden spoon scrape the bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Cook until the sauce is well blended and slightly thickened.
- Pour sauce over the chicken and serve.
- Optional: You may place a fresh slice of mozzarella cheese atop each chicken breast, place under a broiler to melt and serve with tomato sauce to make chicken Parmesan.