Double Peach Pound Cake
|2 (15 oz) cans cling sliced peaches|
|2 and 3/4 cups flour, divided|
|2 and 1/2 tsp baking powder|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1 and 2/3 cups sugar|
|1/3 cup canola oil|
|1 tsp pure vanilla extract|
|1/4 cup powdered sugar|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Coat a 10 inch non stick bundt pan with non stick cooking spray, then dust with 1/4 cup of flour, shaking off excess.
- Drain 1 can of peaches, discard the juices and arrange slices evenly on the bottom of the pan.
- Stir together the remaining 2 and 1/2 cups flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl, then set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the oil in a large bowl for 30 seconds or until bubbly.
- Add sugar and extract and beat until well blended.
- Add eggs and remaining can of peaches with juice, then beat well, scraping sides.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, then beat until smooth.
- Pour batter carefully over the peach slices in the pan, then bake for 60-65 minutes.
- Place pan on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Loosen cake from the sides of the pan, then invert onto a plate.
- Dust with powdered sugar just before serving.