- 30 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 tbs white wine vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp oregano
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbs fresh parsley
We know this salad sounds crazy but it is actually mild, slightly sweet and very satisfying.
- Blanch the whole cloves in boiling water for 5 minutes, remove, then plunge into ice water.
- Drain and mix with remaining ingredients in a covered container.
- Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 5 days, stirring occasionally before serving.
- The salad is served as it is, in small bowls alongside the main dish or you may chop it up and serve with salad greens.