Grilled Italian Sausages with Spinach
|2 lbs fresh spinach|
|8 Italian sausages (4 mild and 4 hot) (2 lbs)|
|2 tbs olive|
|2 tbs butter|
|1 medium onion, slivered|
|2 cloves garlic, pressed|
|1 tsp dried basil|
|1 medium ripe tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped|
|1/4 cup dry white wine|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|dash of nutmeg|
|lemon wedges for serving|
- Remove stems from spinach, wash and spin dry. Set aside
- Place sausages over hot coals and grill, turning frequently until they are cooked through. About 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large saute pan, over medium heat add the oil and butter.
- Once the butter has melted add the onion and saute until soft, then mix in the garlic, basil, tomato, wine, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Cook until mixture thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and continue cooking and stirring until the spinach has just wilted and combined with the tomato mixture. About 3 minutes.
- Place spinach on a platter and top with the grilled sausages.