Grilled Mushrooms with Sesame Seeds
- 1 and 1/2 tbs sesame seeds
- 1 lb of mixed mushrooms
- 2 tbs teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbs mirin
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs fresh chives, minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 10 chives cut into 2 inch lengths
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden. Remove from tray.
- Wipe mushrooms with a damp cloth and discard the stalks.
- Put the mushrooms in a shallow dish and combine with the teriyaki sauce, mirin, sugar, chives and sesame oil.
- Let mushrooms marinate for 10 minutes.
- Put the mushrooms on a greased baking tray, then brush with half of the reserved marinade and grill under a preheated broiler for 5 minutes.
- Turn the mushrooms over and brush with the remaining marinade and grill for another 5 minutes or until browned.
- Garnish mushrooms with the roasted sesame seeds and chopped chives.