Grilled Mushrooms with Sesame Seeds
|1 and 1/2 tbs sesame seeds|
|1 lb of mixed mushrooms|
|2 tbs teriyaki sauce|
|2 tbs mirin|
|1 tbs sugar|
|1 tbs fresh chives, minced|
|1 tsp sesame oil|
|10 chives cut into 2 inch lengths|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden. Remove from tray.
- Wipe mushrooms with a damp cloth and discard the stalks.
- Put the mushrooms in a shallow dish and combine with the teriyaki sauce, mirin, sugar, chives and sesame oil.
- Let mushrooms marinate for 10 minutes.
- Put the mushrooms on a greased baking tray, then brush with half of the reserved marinade and grill under a preheated broiler for 5 minutes.
- Turn the mushrooms over and brush with the remaining marinade and grill for another 5 minutes or until browned.
- Garnish mushrooms with the roasted sesame seeds and chopped chives.