Italian Sausage Parmigiana Sandwich
|2 lbs of hot or sweet Italian Sausage|
|4 cups marinara sauce|
|kosher salt and black pepper if desired|
|1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded|
|1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1/4 cup fresh parsley|
|4 Italian sub rolls (if making sandwiches)|
These sausages can served on a sandwich or as a casserole. The sausage is first baked, then simmered in marinara sauce, which gives it incredible flavor.
- Place the sausages on a baking sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes, turning several times or until almost cooked through.
- Meanwhile place marinara in a large saucepan and bring almost to a boil, then reduce heat to a slow simmer.
- When sausages are done, add them to the simmering marinara sauce and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- If making sandwiches place 1/2 lb of sausage on sub rolls, drizzle some marinara sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan over the sausage and place under a broiler to melt the cheese.
- If making a casserole, place the sausages in a glass baking dish and pour some marinara sauce over, top with mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Place under a broiler just long enough just to melt the cheese.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.