Italian Style Sole
|2 lbs of sole or flounder fillets
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste
|butter for browning
|2 tsp dried oregano
|3/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
|5 tbs olive oil
|1/4 cup clam juice or fish stock
|2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- Pat dry the fish and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Add 2 tbs of butter to a non stick skillet and heat using medium high heat.
- Add the fish and brown on both sides until cooked through and slightly browned. About 1 minute per side, depending on the thickness.
- Sprinkle the fish with cheese and oregano and top with the olive oil.
- Add the fish stock or clam juice to the bottom of the pan (do not pour over the fish) cover and simmer over low heat covered for 4-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice just before serving.