Onion Apple Glazed Pork Tenderloin
|1 and 1/2 lb pork tenderloin|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 tbs olive oil, divided|
|1 envelope onion soup mix|
|1/2 cup apple juice|
|2 tbs packed brown sugar|
|3/4 cup water|
|1/4 cup dry red wine|
|1 tbs flour|
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Rub the pork with 1 tbs of olive oil then season with salt and pepper, and add to a roasting pan.
- Roast uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine the remaining olive oil, onion soup mix, apple juice and brown sugar.
- Pour over pork and continue roasting for another 10 minutes or until pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
- Remove pork to a serving platter, cover with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Place the roasting pan on the stove top over medium high heat and bring pan juices to a boil, scraping any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in water, wine and flour and whisk until well combined for 1 minute or until thickened.
- To sere, thinly slice pork and serve with the pan gravy.