Poultry Basting Sauce
|1 stick unsalted butter, melted|
|1/4 cup chicken or turkey stock|
|1/4 cup canola oil|
|1/4 cup red wine vinegar|
|1 tsp black pepper|
|1 tsp garlic powder|
|1/2 tsp celery salt|
|1/4 cup soy sauce|
|2 tbs lemon juice|
This is a wonderful sauce for basting whole turkeys or chicken. It is full of flavor and can be injected into the birds if desired. It will yield and moist, beautifully browned flavorful bird.
- In a sauce pan melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer or about 10 minutes
- To use as a basting sauce hold sauce at a simmer and baste bird every 15 minutes.
- To use as and injection, inject sauce into breasts and thighs before cooking and use the remaining sauce to baste the outside.
- Recipe may be doubled or tripled.