Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
|1 envelope dry yeast|
|1/4 cup luke warm water|
|1 cup milk, warmed|
|2 tbs canola oil|
|2 tbs honey|
|1 cup pureed pumpkin (not pie filling)|
|1 cup whole wheat flour|
|1/2 tsp ground cinnamon|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1 large egg|
|3 cups ap flour|
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water until foamy.
- Stir in milk, honey and pumpkin.
- Combine whole wheat flour, cinnamon and salt and add the pumpkin mixture, then beat until smooth.
- Beat in egg, then stir in enough ap flour to make a soft dough, beating until smooth and elastic.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to rise overnight.
- Punch dough down and turn onto a lightly floured surface.
- Divide dough in half, then divide each portion twice again in half, then into 3 portions.
- Using floured fingers, form each portion int a ball by folding dough and pinching edges together at bottom.
- Place on a large buttered baking sheet.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool.