Raspberry Cream Sherbert
|1 (10 oz) package frozen raspberries, thawed|
|1 tbs lemon juice|
|3/4 cup sugar|
|1/3 cup water|
|1 tbs corn syrup|
|3 egg whites'|
|pinch of kosher salt|
|1/4 tsp cream of tartar|
|1/2 cup heavy cream|
- Puree raspberries in a blender or food processor.
- Push puree through a fine sieve to remove seeds.
- Add lemon juice.
- Combine sugar, water and corn syrup in a saucepan, and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar has dissolved.
- Cook to the soft ball stage, about 238 degrees.
- Beat in the egg whites until they are foamy, then add the salt and cream of tartar, and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in about 1/3 of the raspberry puree.
- Whip the heavy cream until it hods its shape but is not too stiff.
- Fold it into the egg white mixture.
- Fold in the remaining raspberry puree, 1/2 at a time, until the mixtures are well combined.
- Pour mixture into a rectangular pan or freezer tray, and freeze until the mixture becomes mushy, about 1 hour.
- Stir well, scraping down the sides and the bottom of the pan, until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Pour the sherbet into plastic containers, cover with plastic wrap and put lids on the containers and freeze until firm.