Rigatoni with Creamy Tomato Sauce and Peas
|1/4 lb Italian sausage, sweet or hot
|1/2 lb rigatoni
|2 tbs butter
|1 small onion, minced
|2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
|3 ripe roma tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
|1/2 cup tomato sauce
|1/2 cup white wine
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste
|2 tsp oregano
|1/2 cup frozen peas
|1/2 cup whipping cream
|Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions, and set aside.
- In a large frying pan add some olive oil and the butter and using medium heat add the onions and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the casings from the sausage and crumble into the pan and cook until sausage is browned and cooked almost cooked through.
- Add wine, tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, pepper and oregano. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce has reduced by about 1/3.
- Mix cream and peas into sauce and simmer for another 3-4 minutes.
- Spoon over rigatoni and garnish with grated Parmesan.