Rigatoni with Creamy Tomato Sauce and Peas
- 1/4 lb Italian sausage, sweet or hot
- 1/2 lb rigatoni
- 2 tbs butter
- olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 3 ripe roma tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup white wine
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions, and set aside.
- In a large frying pan add some olive oil and the butter and using medium heat add the onions and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the casings from the sausage and crumble into the pan and cook until sausage is browned and cooked almost cooked through.
- Add wine, tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, pepper and oregano. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce has reduced by about 1/3.
- Mix cream and peas into sauce and simmer for another 3-4 minutes.
- Spoon over rigatoni and garnish with grated Parmesan.