Roasted Beets with Walnuts and Blue Cheese
|4 beets, about (1 and 1/2 lbs)|
|2 tbs sunflower or walnut oil|
|3 tbs red wine vinegar|
|1/4 cup chopped walnuts|
|1/4 tsp dill weed|
|dash of kosher salt and black pepper|
|2 oz blue cheese or feta|
- Wash the beets, then remove the ends and leaves.
- Place the beets in a roasting pan, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Roast in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes.
- Let beets cool, then peel and grate or shred.
- In a serving combine the grated beets with the walnut oil, red wine vinegar, walnuts, dill and pepper.
- Toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve.