Roasted Italian Tomato Bisque
|2 (14 oz) cans of peeled Italian tomatoes|
|1 cup water|
|1 tsp extra virgin olive oil|
|1/2 cup sliced onion|
|2 cloves garlic, crushed|
|1 tbs Worcestershire sauce|
|1 tbs fresh basil, chopped|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|6 tbs half and half|
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut the tomatoes in half lengthwise and place into the dish along with the juice.
- Roast for about 45 minutes.
- Mean while add oil, the onions and garlic to a frying pan and saute over medium heat until the onions and garlic are softened.
- Allow tomatoes to cool slightly, then add the tomatoes, garlic onions and other ingredients to a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Bisque may be served hot or cold.