Sauteed Mussels with Bread Crumbs and White Wine
|2 lbs mussels, cleaned|
|1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|4 cloves garlic, sliced|
|1/2 cup dry bread crumbs|
|1/2 cup dry white wine|
|1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
This is a super simple absolutely delicious recipe.
- In a large saute pan add the olive oil and garlic, using medium heat saute the garlic until it begins to soften. Do not burn.
- Add the bread crumbs and stir to mix well.
- Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Add the mussels and stir combine.
- Add the white wine and increase the heat to medium high.
- Add the parsley and stir to combine.
- The mussels should open on 3-4 minutes. Discard any that do not open.
- Serve with a crisp white wine.