Shrimp and Octopus Tostadas
- 4 flat tostada shells
- 2 ripe avocados
- juice of 2 limes
- 3/4 lb baby octopus, cooked
- 3/4 lb small shrimp, peeled and cooked
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- hot sauce
- In a small bowl add the avocado flesh along with juice of 2 lime sand mash completely.
- Simmer the octopus in boiling water for about an hour, then remove and plunge in cold water to stop the cooking. cut int 1/2 inch chunks.
- Simmer the shrimp in boil water for about 3 minutes or until pink. Remove from pan and plunge into cold water to stop the cooking.
- To assemble the tostadas, spread each one evenly with the mashed avocado and top evenly with shrimp and octopus and thinly sliced red onion.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- You may add you hot sauce of choice if desired.