Shrimp and Octopus Tostadas
|4 flat tostada shells|
|2 ripe avocados|
|juice of 2 limes|
|3/4 lb baby octopus, cooked|
|3/4 lb small shrimp, peeled and cooked|
|1 medium red onion, thinly sliced|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- In a small bowl add the avocado flesh along with juice of 2 lime sand mash completely.
- Simmer the octopus in boiling water for about an hour, then remove and plunge in cold water to stop the cooking. cut int 1/2 inch chunks.
- Simmer the shrimp in boil water for about 3 minutes or until pink. Remove from pan and plunge into cold water to stop the cooking.
- To assemble the tostadas, spread each one evenly with the mashed avocado and top evenly with shrimp and octopus and thinly sliced red onion.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- You may add you hot sauce of choice if desired.