Spicy Italian Veal Chops
|4 (1 inch thick) veal chops|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced|
|2 tsp marjoram leaves|
|2 tsp oregano|
|1 (1 lb) can of Italian tomatoes|
|1/4 cup tomato paste|
|1/2 cup dry white wine|
|chopped Italian parsley|
- Sprinkle veal chops with salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan add some olive oil and brown the chops on both sides using medium high heat.
- When the chops are browned remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook until soft and slightly golden.
- Mix in garlic, tomato paste, wine and tomatoes. Break up the tomatoes with a potato masher or wooden spoon.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add the oregano and marjoram.
- Stir to mix well, bring sauce to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add the veal chops, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until cooked through and sauce has reduced by about a fourth.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Add chops to individual plates and spoon some sauce over.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.