Spicy Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
|3 and 1/2 cup chicken broth|
|1 tsp minced garlic|
|3 tbs butter|
|3/4 cup onion, minced|
|5 tbs flour|
|1 tsp ground coriander|
|1 tsp ground cumin|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 (12 oz) can chopped green chilies, drained|
|2 cups Monterrey Pepper jack cheese, divided|
|1 and 1/2 cups sour cream|
|6 cups chicken breast, cooked and cubed|
|16 corn tortillas|
|chopped scallions, garnish|
|fresh cilantro, garnish|
|black olives, garnish|
|hot sauce or crushed red pepper|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a glass baking dish and set aside.
- Measure out the chicken broth and add the minced garlic.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter, add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the flour, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper and stir continuously until the flour is incorporated into the butter and the mixture is thick.
- Slowly add the broth a little at a time, stirring until think and smooth before adding more.
- Once the broth is all in, add the green chilies and cook until thick and bubbly. About 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup of the cheese and the sour cream.
- In a bowl, mix the chicken and 3/4 cup off the sauce, then stir to mix.
- Place about 1/4 cup of the turkey mixture down the center of a warmed corn tortilla, then roll up and place seem side down in the baking dish.
- Repeat until all the filling is used.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas and bake covered with foil for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil, sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 10 more minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve with garnish of choice.