Vegetable Fried Rice
|5 cups jasmine rice, day old, cold|
|5 tbs butter|
|2 tsp canola oil|
|3 cloves garlic, crushed|
|2 tsp fresh ginger, grated|
|1 cup chopped onion, minced|
|1 cup scallions, white and green parts, sliced thinly on a bias|
|1 cup carrots, minced|
|1 cup fresh bean sprouts|
|3 tbs sesame seeds toasted|
|Kosher salt and white pepper to taste|
|6 tbs soy sauce|
- Place sesame seeds on a baking sheet and toast in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until the become lightly browned. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, using medium high heat melt the butter add the oil, then add the garlic ginger and onions and saute until slightly softened. About 2 minutes.
- Add the scallions, bean sprouts and carrots and stir fry for another 1 minute.
- Add the cold rice and soy sauce and combine until the rice becomes slightly brown and crispy.
- Push the mixture to the side of the wok or skillet and add the eggs and scramble.
- Once the eggs are scrambled combine with the rice mixture.
- Season with a little salt and white pepper.
- Add sesame seeds and serve.