Wax Bean and Edamame Salad
|2 cups yellow way beans, cut on a bias|
|2 cups fresh green beans, trimmed and halved diagonally|
|2 cups shelled endamame|
|1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved|
|1 cup orange bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped|
|1 cup thinly sliced red onion|
|3 tbs sherry vinegar|
|1 tsp sugar|
|1 tsp Dijon mustard|
|2 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Place the wax beans, green beans and edamame in a steamer over boiling water and steam for about 5 minutes until they are crisp tender.
- Drain, the plunge beans in ice water to stop the cooking.
- Combine the beans, tomatoes, bell pepper and onion in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine, sugar, vinegar and mustard and whisk well to combine.
- Gradually add the olive oil while whisking.
- Add the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the beans and gently toss to combine.