|1 package of frozen puff pastry, thawed|
|1 (2 oz) can anchovy fillets|
|1 egg yolk beaten|
|3 tsp kosher salt|
- On a floured surface, roll out the pastry dough to 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut out 2 and 1/2 inch rounds with a fluted cutter.
- Place a halved anchovy fillet on half the dough rounds.
- Brush edges of each round with egg yolk, then join rounds together in pairs, sealing edges well.
- Brush tops with egg yolk, then sprinkle with salt.
- Sprinkle a baking sheet with cold water, and arrange the rounds.
- Before baking, refrigerate for 15 minutes then bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for about 15 minutes until golden.
- Serve warm.