Currant Glazed Pork Tenderloin
|1 and 1/2 lb pork tenderloin|
|2 tsp vegetable oil|
|1/2 onion, chopped|
|10 oz of currant or black cherry jelly|
|1/4 cup red wine vinegar|
|2 tsp soy sauce|
|1 tsp ground ginger|
|1/2 tbs corn starch|
|1 tbs water|
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Brown pork on all sides, then transfer to a 9×13 baking dish and place in the oven.
- Add the onion to the skillet and cook over medium heat until tender.
- Stir in jelly, vinegar, soy sauce and ginger.
- Mix cornstarch with water in a small container.
- Bring mixture in the skillet to a boil, then stir in the cornstarch.
- Reduce heat and cook until mixture thickens.
- Glaze the pork with the sauce and reserve and keep warm any remaining sauce to serve with the pork.
- Continue to bake roast until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees. About 20-30 minutes.
- Allow the pork to rest for several minutes before slicing.