Golden Apple Pork Chops
|4 boneless pork chops, about 1 lb|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 tsp dried thyme|
|2 tsp canola oil|
|2 golden delicious apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced|
|2/3 cup apple cider or juice, divided|
|1 tbs brown sugar|
|1 tsp cornstarch|
Season chops on both sides with salt pepper and thyme.
- Heat oil over medium high heat in a large skillet, then brown chops on both sides.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add apples along with 1/2 cup of apple cider or juice and the brown sugar.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the chops reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
- Meanwhile, mix remaining apple cider or juice with the cornstarch.
- Remove the chops and apples from the skillet and keep warm on a serving platter.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture into the pan juices, stir and cook until sauce has thickened.
- Spoon the sauce over the chops and serve.