Herbed Green Beans
- 1 lb fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped, white and green parts
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
- 1/4 tsp dried marjoram
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- In a double boiler, steam the green beans over hot water for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the beans and plunge into ice water in order to maintain bright color. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saute over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and scallions and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add in the beans, herbs and season with salt and pepper and saute until heated through.