Herbed Green Beans
|1 lb fresh green beans, ends trimmed|
|2 tsp olive oil|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1/2 cup scallions, chopped, white and green parts|
|1/4 tsp dried oregano|
|1/4 tsp dried thyme|
|1/2 tsp dried tarragon|
|1/4 tsp dried marjoram|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- In a double boiler, steam the green beans over hot water for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the beans and plunge into ice water in order to maintain bright color. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saute over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and scallions and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add in the beans, herbs and season with salt and pepper and saute until heated through.