- 1 lb beef tenderloin, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 ciabatta rolls, sliced and toasted
- 1/2 lb blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 small onions, sliced
- fresh spinach
- bacon mayonnaise (4 slices bacon plus 1 cup mayonnaise)
This is one of our favorite sandwiches with tender beef tenderloin on ciabatta bread with bacon mayonnaise, blue cheese, grilled onions and fresh spinach. In a word spectacular!
- To make the bacon mayonnaise cut the bacon into dice and fry it until it becomes slightly crispy. Allow to cool, then add to the mayonnaise along with 1 tbs of the bacon fat. Mix well then set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a hot saute pan, then add the cubed beef tenderloin. Saute until medium rare then remove from the pan.
- In the same pan add the onions and saute until tender. About 4 minutes.
- Cut the ciabatta in half and toast in a hot oven for about 5 minutes.
- To assemble the sandwiches, spread the bacon mayonnaise on the top and bottom of each piece of ciabatta then top with 1/4 of the sauteed beef.
- Top each sandwich with some blue cheese then top with fresh spinach.
- Slice and serve.