Charcoal Grilled Oyster Appetizer
|24 oysters, shell on|
|2 sticks unsalted butter,melted|
|4 cloves garlic, pressed or finely minced|
|1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated|
This is a super simple absolutely delicious oyster recipe. The shell on oysters are grilled over hot charcoal in a sauce of garlic butter and Parmesan.
- Start a charcoal fire and when coals are hot place oysters on grill cup side down.
- Cover grill for 2 minutes until oysters start to open.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small sauce pan and add the garlic and Parmesan. Set aside.
- When oysters start to open, remove top shell.
- Add about 2 tsp of the garlic butter and Parmesan mixture on top of each oyster, cover grill and allow to cook for 2 minutes, or until oysters are bubbly and the edges slightly curl.