English Muffin Bread
- 1 package yeast
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- Spray two 8 and 1/2 x 4 and 1/2 inch baking pans with non stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine yeast, whole wheat flour, sugar, salt and baking soda.
- Heat milk in a microwave safe bowl until very wary and add to the dry mixture, beating until well combined.
- Stir in all purpose flour until stiff batter is created.
- Spoon into baking pans and sprinkle tops with cornmeal.
- Cover and allow to rise in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from pans immediately and cool.
- To make rolls, spoon batter into two greased 12 cup muffin tins and bake for 10-12 minutes.