Indian Tandoori Chicken Wings
|l lb chicken wings, tips removed and halved|
|2 cups plain yogurt|
|1/4 cup tomato paste|
|3 tsp garam masala|
|1 tsp curry powder|
|1/4 tsp ground cinnamon|
|1 tsp turmeric|
|1 tsp cayenne pepper|
|2 tsp fresh ginger, grated|
|2 tsp vegetable oil, plus more for the baking sheet|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/2 cup mango or fruit chutney|
|1 grated tart apple|
These chicken wings are loaded with Indian Spices and are absolutely
- Combine 1 cup of yogurt, tomato paste, spices, ginger, oil, salt and pepper in a bowl, mix well.
- Remove the wing tips fro the chicken, the cut in half at the joint.
- Add the chicken to the yogurt mixture and mix well to coat.
- Place chicken wings in the refrigerator covered and marinate for 4 hours, mixing again each hour.
- After marinating, bring to room temperature before cooking.
- Heat a broiler rack, then rub a baking sheet with oil.
- Add the chicken wings to the baking sheet and place under the broiler.
- Cook for 20 minutes, turning half way through until wings are golden and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and brush with the chutney.
- Mix the grated apple with the remaining yogurt and serve as a dipping sauce.