Indian Tandoori Chicken Wings
- l lb chicken wings, tips removed and halved
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp vegetable oil, plus more for the baking sheet
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup mango or fruit chutney
- 1 grated tart apple
These chicken wings are loaded with Indian Spices and are absolutely
- Combine 1 cup of yogurt, tomato paste, spices, ginger, oil, salt and pepper in a bowl, mix well.
- Remove the wing tips fro the chicken, the cut in half at the joint.
- Add the chicken to the yogurt mixture and mix well to coat.
- Place chicken wings in the refrigerator covered and marinate for 4 hours, mixing again each hour.
- After marinating, bring to room temperature before cooking.
- Heat a broiler rack, then rub a baking sheet with oil.
- Add the chicken wings to the baking sheet and place under the broiler.
- Cook for 20 minutes, turning half way through until wings are golden and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and brush with the chutney.
- Mix the grated apple with the remaining yogurt and serve as a dipping sauce.