- 3 stalks celery, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 6 cups tomato juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbs lightly packed grated and peeled fresh horseradish. (you may use prepared if desired)
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1-2 tbs Tabasco sauce, plus more for serving
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pickled okra, pickled pearl onions, caper berries, and lemon slices for garnish. (optional)
- premium vodka, chilled
This is a wonderful recipe that is adapted from the December issue of Martha Stewart living magazine,
- Pulse the celery in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Add 2 cups of tomato juice and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to a pitcher and stir in the remaining 4 cups of tomato juice, lemon juice, horseradish, Worcestershire, celery sat, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours and up to 2 days.
- Thread the garnishes on to skewers.
- Vigorously stir the Bloody Mary mix just before serving.
- Serve in tall glasses over ice with vodka, hot sauce and garnishes of choice.