Peach Raspberry Gelatin
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 (15oz) can sliced peaches in light syrup
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- In a glass measuring cup, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup of water and let soften for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain peaches well and reserve the syrup.
- Arrange the peaches and raspberries in a 3 or 4 cup mold or a glass/ceramic baking dish.
- Heat reserved syrup to boiling and add to gelatin, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Add enough cold water, if necessary to make 1 cup.
- Stir in almond extract and pour gelatin mixture over fruits.
- Refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours.
- To unmold,dip bottom of pan in hot water for about 10 seconds, then invert onto a serving platter and shake firmly to release.
- Slice to serve.