Spicy Pork Fried Rice
|3 cups jasmine rice, cooked and cooled for 4 hours or overnight|
|6 strips of bacon, diced|
|1 cup ham, cubed|
|1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed|
|1/4 cup carrot, chopped|
|1 onion, chopped|
|1/2 cup bamboo shoots|
|2 large cloves garlic, chopped|
|1 jalapeno pepper, chopped|
|2 eggs scrambled|
|3 tbs hoisin sauce|
|1 tbs soy sauce|
|kosher salt and white pepper to taste|
|2-3 tbs vegetable oil|
This is one of our favorite fried rice recipes.
- Heat a wok or large saute pan using high heat. Once the pan is hot add the vegetable oil.
- Add the bacon and stir fry until slightly crispy, then add the ham and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the bacon and ham from the pan and set aside.
- Using high heat add the onions, carrots, garlic and hot pepper and stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the soy and hoisin sauces.
- Add the rice to the pan and combine well.
- Add the bamboo shoots and peas.
- Add the bacon and ham back to the pan and combine well.
- Make a well in the middle of the rice and add the eggs and scramble.
- When the eggs are slightly set, stir to combine.
- Season with salt and white pepper to taste.