Steak and Pear Salad
- 1 flank steak (1 and 1/2 lbs)
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 6 tbs mayonnaise
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn, about 4 cups
- 1 bunch arugula, torn, about 4 cups
- 2 Bosc pears, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
This recipe was adapted from Martha Stewart’s Every Day Food.
- Heat broiler with rack 6 inches from the heat.
- Pat steak dry with paper towels, then season with salt and pepper and rub with olive oil.
- Place on a foil lined rimmed baking sheet and broil for about 5 minutes per side or until medium rare.
- Transfer steak to a cutting board and tent loosely with foil and allow to rest for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, whisk buttermilk, mayonnaise and vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice the steak across the grain.
- In a bowl toss greens with steak, pears, pecans and dressing.