Baked Oysters with Gruyere Cheese
|1 dozen oysters, on the half shell|
|3 strips bacon, cooked to almost crispy|
|4 scallions, sliced thinly on a bias|
|1/4 lb Gruyere cheese, shredded|
Here is delicious easy way to prepare baked oysters.
- Open oysters and place them on a rock salt coated baking sheet.
- Chop bacon into a dice, then fry until slightly crispy.
- To assemble, top each oyster with some of the cheese, then bacon and scallions.
- Place in a 350 degree oven and bake until cheese has melted and bubbly.
- Serve at once.
- Recipe may be doubled if desired.