Barramundi Crusted in Lemon and Herbs
|1 lemon, zested|
|1 lb barramundi fillets|
|1 tsp chili powder|
|1 tbs fresh thyme leaves|
|2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
|1 tbs olive oil|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|sliced carrots for garnish|
|green onion stalks for garnish|
Barramundi is a species of cod that is found in the tropical Indo-Pacific waters. It is a mild fish with a buttery flavor and delicate flaky texture. It is absolutely delicious. You can find it fresh at many of the better fish markets or you may buy it frozen.
- Season with salt,pepper, chili powder, thyme and parsley.
- Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add olive oil and heat for one minute.
- Place seasoned fish in the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Turn fish over, lower the heat to medium-low, and cook until fish flakes with a fork. Do not over cook.