|3 cups ap flour|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|1 1/2 tbs baking powder|
|3 tbs sugar|
|1 tsp oregano|
|1 tsp rosemary|
|1 (12) oz bottle larger beer|
|For the topping|
|1/2 stick butter,melted|
|2 tsp garlic powder|
This bread is unique because it uses bread along with baking power as leavening agents. It is flavored with garlic butter and herbs.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, sugar and herbs.
- Add the beer and stir until blended.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Combine the butter and garlic powder.
- Remove the bread from the oven, then pour the butter mixture over the top.
- Allow the bread to rest in the pan for 10-15 minutes before removing.
- The bread is easier to slice when cool.