Brown Butter Mashed Potatoes
|2 and 1/2 lbs of russet potatoes, peeled and chopped|
|1 and 1/2 cups whole milk|
|4 tbs unsalted butter, cut up|
|1/2 cup unsalted butter|
|Kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|chopped chives for garnish|
These are super creamy mashed potatoes, topped with savory brown butter.
- Steam the peeled and chopped potatoes, until tender. About 18-20 minutes.
- Drain and mash along with the 1 and 1/2 cups of milk.
- Fold in the cut up unsalted butter, then season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the 1/2 cup of unsalted butter in a medium skillet, stirring occasionally, until the butter foams and browns, about 6-8 minutes.
- Top the potatoes with the brown butter and chopped chives.