Crunchy Corn with Kale and Chicken Slaw
|For the Dressing:|
|3 tbs fresh lime juice|
|1 tsp ground cumin|
|2 tsp honey|
|1/2 tsp red pepper sauce|
|For the Salad:|
|3/4 lb frozen corn|
|2 cups bagged coleslaw blend|
|2 cups fresh kale, stemmed and thinly sliced|
|1 cup shredded chicken breast|
|1 cup shredded chicken thighs|
|3-4 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped|
|6 cabbage leaves|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Place all dressing ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Cook corn in boiling water for 1-2 minutes, drain, cool, then add to the bowl with the dressing ingredients. Stir to coat.
- Add the coleslaw blend, kale, chicken, cilantro and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into 6 even sized cabbage leaves to serve.