- 1 orange
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 cup ruby port
- 2 tbs red currant jelly
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
This rich sauce is made with ruby port wine, oranges, currant jelly, ginger and spices. It goes especially with venison, beef or lamb.
- Remove the zest from the orange and reserve.
- Juice the orange, and combine the juice in a small sauce pan along with the est, lemon juice, port, currant jelly, and ginger.
- Bring to boil over medium heat, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the wine has reduced and the mixture is glossy and syrupy, and easily coats a spoon.