Curried Shrimp with Sugar Snap Peas
|1 tbs olive oil|
|1 and 1/2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on|
|1/2 lb sugar snap peas or snow peas|
|1 tbs curry powder|
|2 tsp garlic powder|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 (13 oz) can of coconut milk|
|2 tbs white wine|
|3 tsp fresh lime juice|
|1 tbs corn starch|
|4 scallions, thinly sliced on a bias, white and green parts|
|1-2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)|
- Heat oil in a large skillet, using medium high heat.
- Add the shrimp and sugar snap peas, then season with salt, pepper, curry powder, garlic powder and cayenne pepper if using.
- Cook and stir for about 3-5 minutes or until shrimp are almost cooked through.
- In a small bowl, add the coconut milk, lime juice and white wine to the corn starch and stir well until smooth.
- Add the coconut milk mixture to the shrimp and stir constantly until boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the sliced scallions.
- Serve over white rice.