- 2 tbs olive oil 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast and thighs 1 and 1/4 cups chopped onions 1/2 tbs ground cumin 1/2 tbs ground ginger 3 cloves garlic, chopped 1 tsp hot paprika 4 cups chicken broth 2 cups zucchini, chopped (1/4 inch pieces) 1/2 cup dry couscous 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Place a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cut the chicken into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Add olive oil to the pan, then add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally until browned all over.
- Add the onion, cumin, ginger, garlic and paprika and stir to combine. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the broth and stir with a wooden spoon, scraping any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Add the zucchini, chickpeas and couscous.
- Return to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cilantro, then season to taste with salt and pepper.