Parmesan Spinach Quinoa
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 and 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped on a bias, white and green parts
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
In a large sauce pan, bring quinoa, broth of choice and salt and pepper to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook until quinoa is tender and the broth has been absorbed, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, stir in garlic and onion and cook until softened, just a few minutes.
- Stir in quinoa and spinach and stir until the spinach has wilted.
- Add the lemon juice and Parmesan and stir until the cheese has melted.
- Taste for seasoning and re-season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve at once.