Parmesan Spinach Quinoa
|1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed well|
|1 and 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|2 cloves garlic, chopped|
|1/2 cup scallions, chopped on a bias, white and green parts|
|2 cups baby spinach, chopped|
|1 tbs fresh lemon juice|
|3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded|
In a large sauce pan, bring quinoa, broth of choice and salt and pepper to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook until quinoa is tender and the broth has been absorbed, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, stir in garlic and onion and cook until softened, just a few minutes.
- Stir in quinoa and spinach and stir until the spinach has wilted.
- Add the lemon juice and Parmesan and stir until the cheese has melted.
- Taste for seasoning and re-season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve at once.