Quinoa Salad with Shrimp and Peppers
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1-2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup orange bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp fresh garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 lb cooked, baby shrimp
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and pepper and cook until tender.
- Add the minced ginger and garlic and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low, add the shrimp and cook until warm.
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa and lime juice, then add the shrimp mixture and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve warm or cold.