Quinoa Salad with Shrimp and Peppers
|1 cup uncooked quinoa|
|1-2 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|1/2 cup chopped red onion|
|1/2 cup orange bell pepper, chopped|
|2 tsp fresh ginger, grated|
|2 tsp fresh garlic, minced or pressed|
|1/2 lb cooked, baby shrimp|
|1 tbs lime juice|
|1/2 cup chopped parsley|
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and pepper and cook until tender.
- Add the minced ginger and garlic and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low, add the shrimp and cook until warm.
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa and lime juice, then add the shrimp mixture and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve warm or cold.