Rotisserie Chicken Grapefruit and Orange Salad
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken, removed from the bone and shredded (1 lb of meat)
- 1/2 cup grapefruit juice
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup scallions, thinly sliced on a bias, white and green parts
- 2 tbs chopped dill
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 4-5 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 green pepper, cut into slivers
- 1/2 red, yellow or orange pepper, cut into slivers
- 2 whole grapefruit, peeled and cut into sections butter lettuce leaves for serving
- 1 can mandarin oranges slices, drained
This salad marries rotisserie chicken with grapefruit, scallions, tomatoes and green and red peppers in a delicious dressing.
- Remove the skin from the chicken and shred about 1 lb of the meat from the breasts and dark meat, then place into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the grapefruit juice, brown sugar, olive oil, red wine vinegar and garlic and mix well.
- To the bowl with the chicken add the scallions, dill, salad greens, tomatoes, bell pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the mixture and gently mix well.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- To serve place heaping spoonfuls of the chicken salad mixture into butter lettuce leaves.