Smooth Carrot Soup
- 2 lbs carrots
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4-6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Peel the carrots and cut them into 1 inch long pieces.
- Heat the butter in a large stock pot over low heat.
- Add the carrots, onions, cinnamon, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Turn up the heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes.
- When the carrots and onions have slightly softened add enough broth to the pot to cover the vegetables.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes or until the carrots are soft.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the vegetables from the broth and put the vegetables in a food processor or blender.
- Add the broth as necessary and puree the vegetables to your desired consistency, then add the heavy cream and combine well.