Smooth Carrot Soup
|2 lbs carrots|
|1 onion, diced|
|2 tbs butter|
|1/4 tsp cinnamon|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/2 tsp cayenne pepper|
|4-6 cups chicken or vegetable stock|
|1/4 cup heavy cream|
- Peel the carrots and cut them into 1 inch long pieces.
- Heat the butter in a large stock pot over low heat.
- Add the carrots, onions, cinnamon, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Turn up the heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes.
- When the carrots and onions have slightly softened add enough broth to the pot to cover the vegetables.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes or until the carrots are soft.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the vegetables from the broth and put the vegetables in a food processor or blender.
- Add the broth as necessary and puree the vegetables to your desired consistency, then add the heavy cream and combine well.