Spicy Indian Mango Chutney
- 3 mangoes, peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 tbs fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, toasted and ground (toast in a dry saute pan for 5 minutes, shaking frequently
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp cardamom, ground
- 1/2 tsp Coleman's dry mustard
- 1/2 tbs minced or pressed garlic
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tbs honey
This is a wonderful spicy chutney that goes well with roasted or grilled meats.
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium low heat, stirring frequently until reduced and thickened. About 20-30 minutes.
- Cool completely, then refrigerate.
- Serve at room temperature.